Sunday, February 28, 2010

is it yes or no?

What is it now-a-days with people (including myself) not just straight out saying yes or no?

Are we that scared to take credit for anything whether good or bad? I’ve had this brought to my attention a few times with my children about myself lately, so it got me thinking.

A lot of times they ask to do something and I say “Sure” or something instead of just giving them the solid, Yes, You may. Just the other day Monkey asked to do something and I had to think about it for a moment and in my thinking was like....well, it’s not a bad thing, I don’t really want him to do that, but it’s not disobeying, or going against any rules, so why not.....so my response to him was, Ok, whatever. To that answer he comes up to me and says, Mom, what does that mean. Can I or can’t I? That’s what really got me thinking about this whole yes or no thing. So I started this thought process. Why don’t I just say Yes. Is there something hard about saying yes? Am I afraid that it’s going to come back and bite me in the rear or something? I’m not totally sure on the real unknown reasoning behind this, but I am going to try and change my responses, and have them be more clear cut.

Let your yes be yes, and your no be no......
Matthew 5:37a (37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’;)

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...