Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Maybe you need this, too?!

I know some one in particular who is going through a hard time right now. And I'm sure there are more of you. I have a little book where I write down little encouragements whether they are from Scripture, a book, or a song. I want to share some of them with you today, and with myself again as a reminder.

-Proverbs 12:25
Worry weighs a person down. An encouraging word cheers a person up.

-God uses things we go through as ways to get our attention, so we will come to Him and depend on Him.

-However long our feet have walked on this earth. We've all lived long enough to know, sometimes life will go our way, and other times it wont. Circumstance and situations change. You know life can turn on a dime. There's a constant hope and peace that I have come to find, it's all because of who God is and that He's ALIVE. We are all as happy as we make our minds up to be. But I've decided that nothing's going to take this joy from me.

-We control very little. God controls EVERYTHING.

-It's all about you, Jesus. And all this is for you. For your glory and your fame. it's not about me, as if you should do things my way. You alone are God, and I surrender to your ways.

-Proverbs 16:20 Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be happy.

-Proverbs 16:9 We can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps.

-God doesn't ask us to understand, He just asks us to trust!

-Praise even if you are disappointed.

I hope that one of these, if not all of them can encourage you today!

Thanks for listening! :)

1 comment:

mary house said...

Thanks for sharing the uplifting words and verses! Love ya dear!

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...