Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Table for 4 please....

So tonight we turned supper into a semi-fancy meal. I mean, not that crazy or anything...but what do you think of when you have a real appetizer before a meal? I mean that sounds fancy to me! And that's exactly what we had tonight. The best part...it was ready to eat in less than 30 minutes, all of it!!!! Yay! :)

First the Appetizer.....

Hot Bread Dip
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 8oz container of sour cream
1 small can of green chilies
1/2 cup pepperoni, cut up
French Bread
Cook until heated through in a pan, or cook in a crock pot. Cut bread into small stick slices for dipping.

And for the meal....

Tortellini with meat sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup dry wine, or water
1 9 oz pkg of cheese filled tortellini
1/2 cup mozz

Cook beef and drain fat. Add sauce, water, dry wine and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat while stirring in the tortellini. Return pan to heat and let boil 15-18 minutes while Uncovered, until sauce is desired consistency. Spoon onto serving plates and top with a sprinkle of mozz cheese.

I put the peppers on the plate for good looks. I've gotta say I'm having a blast doing this so far. And I haven't had to go to the store yet for any of the ingredients. I'm sure that will change pretty soon though! :)

Also, I gave TJ the job of rating the meals for you. Now bear in mind that everyone has different tastes and whether he thinks it's awesome, or ok doesn't mean you will think the same, or maybe you will. ?!? And he's kinda picky....He said his rating scale will be based on the Chicken Alfredo Lasagna, and that is a 10 out of 10, because it's so good it almost makes him faint! So now you know how the rating system works....
The appetizer gets a 7 out of 10 and the meal got a 6 out of 10. I said anything less than 5 means I won't make it again! ;)

5 comments:

My Little Gifts from God said...

I use a rating system with Scott for new meals at our house also and also said anything under 5 I don't make again :) When I make a new recipe I just pencil in the number so that I am sure to remember the next time if Scott liked it or not. Your meal looks super yummy :)

Johanna said...

Your plates make it look even fancier... :) I also like the pepper garnish!

Johanna said...

Sorry, this is Johanna... not sure why that doesn't come up!

Stephanie Wright said...

Thanks Johanna, they are pampered chef plates.
I was wondering who annie_lynn was. :) Now I know.

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

That dip looks awwwwwwesome. :) Wowza :)

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...