Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First time for everything

Tonight we tried a new restaurant in town. The Happy Chef in town closed quite a while ago. Then someone else bought it and opened up the Owatonna Family Restaurant in it's place. Granted the parking lot is small, every time we drive by there, it is packed. We've heard from a few people that it is really good, so TJ decided we should try it out for supper tonight. So that's where we went. Again the parking lot was full and we had to park in the back. It was nicely cleaned up in there, and there were quite a few people, but there were still a few empty tables. Not sure where those other people would have parked if all the tables would have filled up. Anyway, it's pretty much like Happy Chef, or Perkins. I got the Open faced beef sandwich, and it came with mashed potatoes. I was pretty disappointed that the potatoes were fake.....I can not remember the last time I had fake mashed potatoes. I always make real mashed potatoes at home. Oh well. It was worth a try.

We were a little disappointed with the outcome since a bunch of people said how good it was. To us, it was just ok. Worth a shot, but I don't know for sure how many more times I will go there.

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...