Tuesday, February 9, 2010

bread bread everywhere



I made 2 different kinds of bread. Applesauce bread, and Pumpkin Bread. Both are good, but of the 2 I like the pumpkin bread better. I thought they were both worth a shot though! :)

The picture is of the applesauce bread....I think I might make more pumpkin bread later...It really doesn't look that much different though. Bread is bread.

Spiced Pumpkin Bread
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional) I did not use this! :)

Heat oven to 350. Grease pan. Combine flour, salt, sugar and baking soda. Coming pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stir until combined. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into pan, and bake until a toothpick in center comes out clean. 65-70 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing.

Applesauce bread---first of all this recipe makes 5 loves so I 'fourthed' the recipe to make 1 loaf....which I ended up putting in 2 pans just because. So I'll give you the smaller version if you want to try it

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
2 cups applesauce
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup raisins

First note that I did not use the nuts or raisins.... I do not believe in putting nuts in bread! ;)

Grease your loaf pan. Heat oven to 350. Combine butter, sugar and eggs. Blend together flour, soda and spices. Add flour mixture alternating with applesauce. Add nuts and raisins last. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. These freeze well for use all year. (I think that would be for if you used the original recipe which makes 5 loaves) :)

I gave some pumpkin bread to my sister and applesauce bread to the Schwan's man. I'm just going to be making more, so I have to give some of it away so there's not quite so much laying around here!

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...