Wednesday, February 24, 2010

White Chicken Chili

My Aunt made this recipe at our last family gathering and it was so good. So she shared the recipe. I wanted to have this awhile ago, but I was using the beans in the bag which you are supposed to soak overnight first and I kept forgetting to soak them overnight, so that meant one more day before I could make it. Last night I remembered to put them in a bowl of water so I could make it tonight! Yay. It was very delicious!



White Chicken Chili

8 oz dry northern beans, or 2 cans of northern beans (I used the dry ones)
28oz chicken broth (2 cans)
Onion
3 garlic cloves
1 4oz can green chilies
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp oregano
3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
1 cup sour cream
2 cups Monterrey jack cheese

Put all but the last 2 ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours. Add the sour cream and cheese and turn to low for last 30-60 minutes.

Wonderful! I just love making the meal in the morning and not having to worry about supper when TJ get's home! I almost didn't know what to do with myself though since supper was already made ahead of time. :)

My aunt gave this to me in a bigger portion. I'd say this amount that I listed makes a good 4 servings. Granted we may eat more than a normal family of 4. :)

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...