Saturday, March 20, 2010

Candy Hearts

I got this heart shaped mold at MOPS for my birthday. I was kinda thinking, what am I going to do with this? But when my sister and her kids came up, right away one of her kids said, we should melt some chocolate and fill the heart mold. So we decided to do that, but then we also added peanut butter chips into the chocolate for extra flavor.

So first we melted about 1 cup of peanut butter chips and about 1 cup of chocolate chips. Then the kids took turns helping squeeze it into the heart mold.
And the easy kitchen tip is to put the corner of a zip lock baggies into a cup folding the rest of the bag over the edge of the cup to hold it in place. Pour the chocolate or frosting depending on what you are doing, into the baggies. I also use this trick for decorating cakes. Zip it shut and cut the corner off however big or small you want the chocolate to be as it comes out.



Once we were done filling the heart shapes we had left over chocolate so I put wax paper on a pan and made some other random shapes until the chocolate was gone. The kids each told me what shape to make. :)


The finished out of the mold end result. And Bear enjoying it. :)

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...