Monday, March 1, 2010

Homemade Chocolate Cake

Today is TJ’s birthday. I made him a home made Chocolate cake with home made butter cream frosting, all from scratch.



I, however, don’t like cake, yes I know....every time I’m at a birthday party I get the same response.
Them- Do you want some cake?
Me- No thanks.
Them- Are you sure? How can you not eat cake at a birthday party?
Me-Because I don’t care for cake.
Them- You don’t like cake?! Are you crazy?!
Me- Yes. I guess so.

But this home made one I will actually eat.


Home-made Chocolate Cake

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup sour milk
1 cup boiling water

Beat butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and add dry mixture and sour milk, little by little, every other. To sour the milk, add a little vinegar. Add boiling water last. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

Buttercream Frosting
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup real butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup hot milk

Beat the butter and shortening until mixed together, add sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Add Vanilla and hot milk. Beat for 6-7 minutes longer.

1 comment:

Gampa and Gamma said...

Happy 29th Birthday, TJ!!!! I, your Mother, doesn't feel much older then that so it's hard to believe you are at the end of your twenties.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...