Saturday, March 20, 2010

Caramel Corn

For Christmas I got an air popper. Today I made some pop corn, and there were 9 kids here. We had just eaten, so I told them I would make some for them later. I decided to make them caramel corn instead of regular pop corn. A quick and simple fix.



1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
Melt together over the stove and pour over your popcorn.

I never liked caramel corn when I was growing up. However, my mom made it a very complex way. It was not ready to serve in 5 minutes like this kind. There was something like baking it in a brown paper bag or something for however long....I'm not real sure on the details of how to make that one. I just remember not really ever liking caramel corn. But this one I do like. We got the recipe from some friends. They would use this per 2 bags of microwave popcorn. I use it per 1/2 a cup of fresh popped corn. That would be 1/2 a cup of kernels. Once popped it is like 16 cups of popcorn or something crazy like that. I was shocked the first time I made it thinking it wouldn't be very much.

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...