Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Italian Calzones

This is not a new recipe for me, but it almost seems like it because it's been quite a long time since I made it last. The recipe says you can use the refridgerated pizza dough, and I have done that before, but this time I decided to make my own dough. This is the same recipe for dough that I just posted a couple days ago.

Italian Calzones


1/2 cup chopped onion
1 lb turkey italian sausage
1/2 cup green pepper
1 jar pizza sauce
1 garlic clove
2 pkgs. pizza crust dough (I used homemade dough)
1 bag mozz
1/4 cup parmesan

Cook sausage with chopped onion. Combine pizza sauce with chopped pepper, sliced olives, garlic and sausage mixture. Roll the dough to fill a jelly roll pan size. Sprinkle cheese over dough to make 2 lengthwise rows, leaving a 1 1/2" space between rows. Scoop the filing mixture evenly over both rows of cheese.
I rolled out my first ball of dough to fit the pan, and then folded it in half and put it on the counter. Then rolled out the next one to fit the pan. That way my top dough was the perfect size and shape of the pan to cover the bottom crust.



Cut down the middle with a pizza cutter. Pinch down the edges and center. Cut slits in the top to vent. Bake at 400 for 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown.



TJ's rating for this is 8 out of 10.

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...