Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sweet & Crispy Tortilla Chips


Today I made something new for snack time. It was pretty good.
The simple recipe is

8 flour tortillas
2 Tbsp sugar

Now the way that I made it is a little different. If you haven't noticed, I don't usually follow the recipe to a T. :)

First I made my own tortillas, which I mentioned previously in my Chicken Fajita blog. Click on the link to see it. Plus, I used cinnamon and sugar, not just sugar.
Now I'm going to go ahead and endorse something here....


This is the Pampered Chef, Flour/Sugar Shaker. It is awesome, especially in instances such as this. I also like to use it for my Cinnamon Rolls. And to fill it I use 3/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Now if you don't have such a thing you can do the traditional pinch it with your fingers. But I totally recommend this neat item...and it's only $6.00 :)

Now for the chips...no matter what kind of tortillas you use, cut them into strips or pizza slices...some kind of shape. Then spritz with a little water before sprinkling the sugar/cinnamon on there. That helps it stick. :) Then bake it at 400 for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to watch it, you want it to start browning, but not get too dark of a brown, so it doesn't taste burnt.

Enjoy your snack!

1 comment:

Gampa and Gamma said...

What do you do with your tortilla chips? They are good to dip in a fruit mixture.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...