Monday, April 26, 2010

Beef & Biscuit Bake

I'm not really sure what possessed me to make this meal. But, for some reason I picked it to try, so I went through with it. Even though as I looked at it again before making it today, I was questioning myself, and didn't think it looked or sounded good the whole time I made it.

Now after the fact, I've gotta be honest....I'm probably not ever going to make it again. But, like I said before....It's in a cookbook, so somewhere along the line someone else made it and liked it enough to publish it.


Beef & Biscuit Bake

1 lb ground beef
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn (or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn)
1 can tomato soup
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp minced onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 tube buttermilk biscuits (I made homemade biscuits)
2-3 Tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal

In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, corn, soup, milk, onion, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Transfer to a baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 375 for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, brush all sides of biscuits with butter; roll in cornmeal. Place over the meat mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes more, or until the biscuits are golden.

Once again, not a winner in our book. But someone out there may like it. :) And to that I say....To each his own!

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...