Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cheeseburger twist



Ok, this one we gave a 6 out of 10...that means, I will make it again, sometime. Just not real soon. :) However, next time I will make a few changes. It was ok, but needed more flavor. I labeled 5 or lower as probably not ever making again, so this just made it into my cookbook. :)

1 block colby jack cheese
1/2 cup green pepper
1/4 cup onion
1/2 lb hamburger
2 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp flour
1 clove garlic
2 pkgs. french bread dough
1 egg white
2 Tbsp fresh grated parm cheese

First of all, I changed the cheese to the block cheese, and cubed it. I only used half of the block, but next time I’m going to use the whole thing. You can never have to much cheese. Plus I’m going to add some seasonings to my hamburger mixture along with the onion and pepper. Then I might add a little bit more ketchup and throw some mustard in there. And I used almost a full pound of hamburger. I think it would have been barren if I kept to the half a pound. Also I didn’t use the refrigerated dough, I made my own, from my pizza dough recipe.

Preheat oven to 375. Cube cheese, cut pepper and onion. Combine, cheese, onion, pepper, cooked hamburger, ketchup, flour and garlic. Mix well.
I only made one serving of pizza dough and let it raise a little bigger. Then cut it in half and rolled it out to 4-5 inches wide and approx 18 inches tall. Spoon half of the mixture down the middle of each section of bread. Pinch together from the top.

You can see the cubes of cheese in the picture...Definitely needed to be more cheese! :)

Place first loaf on pan seamside down, at an angle. Place second loaf on top making an X. Then twist the top and bottom one time each. Use a serrated knife to cut a slit revealing the filling. Lightly brush with egg white, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Bake for 30-32 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices and serve warm. Dip in Ketchup.

1 comment:

Kim said...

stephanie-
i do this kind of thing with ham and cheese and miracle whip inside, fill it, braid it, then brush it with egg on the outside. can substitute ham with roast beef, also really good. i just use a frozen bread dough thawed out. it's pretty tasty, too.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...