Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spaghetti (GFDF)




Spaghetti
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
oregano
pepper
1/4 cup green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
1/2 lb hamburger
2 garlic cloves
rice noodles

This was a quick fix.  First start with the sauce.
Fry up the hamburger with garlic, green pepper, onion, and celery.  I don't usually use celery in stuff like this, but I wanted to 'thicken' up the sauce and this was a good filler.  When the meat is done, drain and add the sauce and tomatoes.  Then stir in the oregano, black pepper and sugar if desired and let simmer.
Then make the noodles.  I used rice vermecelli from the 'asian' section of the store.  They were cheaper. :)  They cooked in 5-8 minutes once the water was boiling.  Watch them carefully.  I just kept taste testing them until I thought they tasted completely done.  You can tell a difference as you keep checking them.  I used the whole 14 oz package for my family of 4. 





Enjoy your gluten free dairy free supper!

Click here to see all my gluten free dairy free recipes so far.



 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...