Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Homemade Chicken Nuggets


Homemade Chicken Nuggets

4 chicken  breasts
1 bag potato chips (gluten free lays)
1 egg
salt and pepper

Chop or crunch up the chips, put in a dish or  bowl.  Whisk the egg in a bowl.  Add some salt and pepper to the whisked egg.
Cut up the chicken into small cubes.  Drop each cube into the egg, then into the crunched up chips.
Bake at 450 for 25-30 minutes.


I should  have used something else to grind my chips up even more to get a 'real' chicken nugget feel.  But these were good regardless.  I'm definitely making these again soon.  They were a hit all around.
I even did a few with kettle cooked jalepeno chips at the coating instead.  They were good too.  So you could spice it up and choose a different kind of gluten free chip instead of just the regular potato chip.

The second time I made these I put the chips in a ziploc baggie and rolled them so they were crunched up better.  This gave a little better consistence.



We ate this with some steamed veggies.  Now you're talking about a great classic healthified meal!

Click here to see all my gluten free dairy free recipes so far.

Recipe Source: Gluten Free Easily

 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...