Saturday, March 16, 2013

A week in review, gluten free.

Well, it's been one week since the doctors orders came through that I can not eat things containing gluten or dairy.

Last Friday, I looked at my pantry and almost cried.  I  had just gotten groceries you see, and after reading the labels there wasn't anything in there I could eat.  I didn't know what to do.  I called in a few favors from some friends, and friends of friends who have walked this road, and was overloaded with information.

I'd like to share my journey with you all to make it easier for you to start, or to just to give you recipes to try and let you know what did or didn't work for me.

After looking and buying and searching and googling so many things.  I think I have a good list of things for you to purchase as you start this journey.

Must haves in the pantry to start a gluten free & dairy free cooking style.

for baking/cooking....
Almond flour & coconut flour
coconut milk or almond milk
coconut oil(instead of butter)
corn tortillas for tacos
rice noodles for spaghetti

for snacks....
lots of fruits and veggies
gluten free chips
salsa or guacamole and gluten free tortilla chips
gluten free cereal

This will get your pantry started.  Now you will have some things you need to be able to start cooking some of the things I have already posted under the gluten free-dairy free label for new recipes.

Please let me know what questions you have.  I will share any and all experiences.

*After each recipe if I make if I found it online I will link their blog.



 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...