Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Taco Salad

Just last month TJ told me I eat Taco salad a weird way. I never knew it was weird though. It was just the way my family ate taco salad.



We use Doritos on the bottom, taco meat, cheese, lettuce(if desired) but I don't usually put lettuce on mine as you can see from the picture, and to top it off Western Dressing. Not sure how this tradition got started but this is taco salad to me!
There are obviously more things you could put on this taco salad, but there's something very good about the mixture of these simple ingredients. I don't want to ruin the wonderful taste by crowding it out with other things!

I decided I have enough “Taco” like recipes to make Tuesday night Taco Tuesday!
There’s taco salad... Taco Chicken, Chicken Fajitas, Chicken Quesadillas, Spoon Taco, Enchiladas, Taco Dip, Mexican Burrito Hotdish, Chicken Ranch tacos, Plain tacos, and Chicken Chili Cheese dip. There might be more, I just can’t think of anything else right now. But Tuesday is going to go on a rotating schedule with these meals, and it will always be Taco Tuesday, but we won’t have duplicate until 2 months later.

I like this scheduled idea. :)

1 comment:

Randi said...

I like the scheduled idea too, I should do Taco Tuesday too. For awhile we were doing weekly pasta night, trying out different kinds of sauces (spaghetti is always a fallback too). I know some people also do Meatless Monday, I think that's a good frugal idea. :)

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...