Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls w/Frosting

Previously on the blog....

I mentioned my cinnamon caramel rolls.

Today I made regular cinnamon rolls with homemade frosting. Heavy on the frosting. :)



So first click on the highlighted word cinnamon caramel rolls to go to the link which will give you the recipe. Just do everything except putting the extra melted butter and brown sugar in the bottom of the pan.

Here's the frosting recipe
1 cup butter
1 cup shortening
1 bag powdered sugar
5 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla

This is a nostalgic recipe for me. When I was growing up my mom managed the 4-H food stand at the Cottonwood County Fair. We would go in and work with her sometimes. This is the frosting recipe they used there for their cinnamon rolls. It was always so good. Whenever we'd get a cinnamon roll we'd go in there and put on extra extra frosting before purchasing it!

And just so you know, this recipe makes a lot! I make 1/2 the recipe for 2 dozen rolls. (This is also a good homemade frosting you can use for cakes too.)

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...