Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lemon Squares

I have always loved Lemon Squares. I looked forward to someone else making them for a potluck or something. I never attempted to make them myself, mainly because I didn't have a recipe, and apparently I didn't have the gumption I have now to open a bunch of cookbooks and try everything for myself! :)

So tonight I made Lemon Squares. Yummy! They are exactly the texture/consistency that I love. They were a bit hot though seeing as I ate one as soon as I pulled it out of the oven. I just couldn't wait! I think next time though, I need to get a real lemon, and not use bottled lemon juice, but juice a lemon and do it that way. I just wanted to make them now without having to wait to go to the store and buy a lemon. Too much work! hahaha



Lemon Squares

1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
melt butter, and mix these ingredients together. Pat in the bottom of a 9x9 pan, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
Beat the eggs. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over the crust. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar over top to "Frost".

So easy! I can't believe I've never made these before! You should make some!

Or provide me the ingredients and I'll make them for you. :) For real, I really would.

1 comment:

7Shoes said...

MMMM! I made these for my class. I bet they are going to love them. Also I added a little extra lemon so we will see if that makes them more lemony.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...