Thursday, May 20, 2010

Are you allergic?

No, I am not.

Today I went to the allergist. Mainly to check and see if my latex allergy is for real or not and to see if my getting sick after eating has anything to do with food allergies.

Well after them poking my back with 60 needles...(they say they don't call them needles) but they sure feel like needles. My back looks like a peg board. First they mark you up with a marker, and then they poke you on all of those dots. 2 of these pokes are a histamine which everyone reacts to. That way if you are not allergic these at least bubble up to prove that the process is working. Well, for me those are the only 2 that bubbled up. So lucky me. I'm not allergic to any of the main foods.

The latex one they had to take blood and they will let me know next week. I'm sure you will all be waiting with anticipation to find the verdict on this! :)

So, this is "good" news that there are no things to worry about allergy wise....but kinda bad news. Just because it means that we have no real reason to why I get sick sometimes when I eat. This has been going on for 10 years or so, so I'm pretty much used to it. But still, I was kinda hoping for a reason. Oh well. Life goes on!

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...