Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Minestrone (Soup)

Ok....so a friend sent me some of her recipes to try out.  This was one on the list but I have to admit, I had no idea what it was.  Never heard of it before.  Have you?  Of course, I changed a few things....so I will tell you what I did.



Minestrone
  
1 cup cooked rotini noodles (could be any noodle, I just chose this cuz it was in my cupboard.)
1 t olive oil
1/2 cup diced carrots
2 cloves garlic
2 cups beef broth
1 small can diced Italian stewed tomatoes (I used regular canned tomatoes)
8 oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp sugar
1 can kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans(chick peas)
1/2 lb browned and seasoned hamburger
4 t Parmesan cheese

French Bread
Mozz
garlic salt
butter

Cook macaroni, brown and drain hamburger.  Saute carrots and garlic in soup pot.  Add broth, tomatoes, sauce, seasoning, and sugar.  Cover, bring to a boil.  Add beans, chickpeas and hamburger.  Boil 5 more minutes, add macaroni and pepper to taste.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with garlic cheesy bread.
For the bread, I just cut it into thick slices, butter and sprinkle with garlic salt top with cheese and cook in the oven until cheese is melted, or bread is crunchy.
TJ gave this a 7 out of 10.  I'd say it was pretty good.  I put almost a full pound of hamburger and a little over 2 cups of noodles so it was very thick.  There was not really any soup juices.  TJ likes soup thick and not very soupy...but I will not do quite this much next time.  I'll stick with what I listed for you.

2 comments:

Gampa and Gamma said...

Soup sounds good on these cool evenings. I would probably like this but Bob doesn't care much for beans. I guess I could grind them up like I do with the chili beans. ;-)
Joy

Sanford Family said...

Olive Garden has the best minestrone soup I've ever had.

Andrea

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...