Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Garlic Bread

I usually make garlic bread by just cutting it up and buttering it and then sprinkling it with garlic salt.  But I get this garlic bread from Hy-Vee that is cut down the middle and has butter and pressed garlic chunks in the middle.  So I thought I would make it myself.  We had this with our Manicotti tonight.




2-3 Tbsp butter
2-4 garlic cloves (depends on size of garlic and size of bread loaf)
french bread loaf

Cut the bread in half, butter both sides.  Press your fresh garlic and spread evenly over the butter.  Wrap in tinfoil and bake at 375 for 12-16 minutes.  O until the butter is melted and the bread is crunchy!

Yum!



 I bought a long french bread loaf at cashwise so for this meal I only wanted 'just enough' garlic bread so I cut it down to about 1/3 of the loaf and only prepared that much and saved the rest for another day.
Call it frugal if you want.  That's ok. :)

 Using my handy-dandy Pampered Chef Garlic Press!

Can you see the pressed garlic in the butter?

Covered and cooking.

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...