Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Food News Flash!

If you have been following along with the blog, you may have noticed and remember how TJ rates the food.  Well,  I’ve been making home made mashed potatoes the last 4 days.  And the last time I made it TJ gave it a 9 I think.  Then after having it again for left overs at work the next day he came home and said, I think I may have to give your mashed potatoes a 10!

Now again, if you know or remember TJ does not really give 10’s to anything.  So this is breaking news!  He said he thinks they are so good that I should put them on/in something.  I’m not sure about that, but it’s a nice feeling to know he loves them that much.  I kinda changed it a teensy little bit.

So here’e the scoop...






Garlic Smashed Potatoes
8-10 regular potatoes, skin on
4 garlic cloves
kosher salt
1 stick butter
1/4 cup milk

This time I put some kosher salt in the water, and 4 cloves of garlic, freshly pressed.  Bring the water to a boil.  Wash, but do not peel the potatoes.  Cut in cubes, quarters, whatever size and bring to a boil.  Cook until they are tender and easy to press through with a fork.  (There is no magic number, you just have to keep checking).  Drain the water and Mash.  Again, I use my hand held mixer for this.  First I mix them a little to mash them.  Then I add the stick of butter to help blend them and smoothen them.  If still a little rough, I would add that 1/4 cup of milk.  Not too much though because you still want them to be thick not runny.  Then I added more kosher salt.  And yes actually being Kosher salt does make a difference in the taste.  Blend together a little more and serve. 

Enjoy your Smashed Potatoes! 

Can use red, or regular potatoes.  Either way. :)

1 comment:

Amy W said...

Try adding some sour cream with your garlic potatoes....creamy and delicious! That is how I make mine:)

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...