Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What to do with all those papers?!

I went through a phase last year where I had the boys color and draw a picture almost every day, and then I would journal for them.  Whatever they said, even if it didn't make sense.  And believe me, most of it didn't make sense.  But it was so funny to hear what they would have to say about the day, or how they were feeling, or what it was like outside, or anything.  I didn't want to get rid of all them, but I also don't want to have a million binders and stuff laying around.  I decided to turn their art/journaling into a book. Just put them in the order I wanted them in, and brought them down to officemax.  They bound it together and wha-la!  The boys love looking through it and so do I.  You can see some of their progressions in their thoughts, and in their coloring drawing style.  I'm going to continue this every year, and save the bests/favorites and make a book of their paperwork each year.  
So this is kinda like the 09-10 school year of paperwork.




One book for each boy.

 A sample of their drawing/my journaling for them.

What the binding looks like, up close.  It's about $3 per book to bind it.  Depends on how many pages it has.

I hope this can help you decide what to do with all your favorite kids papers at the end of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only $3!! I had no idea it was that inexpensive. Now, I keep their school papers in large binders for the whole year including their journals. I've done different things for journaling each year.

Thanks for the tip!

Andrea

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...