Saturday, November 6, 2010

2nd Urgent Care Trip

It was seriously only 4 weeks ago that we had to make our first trip to urgent care for staples to the head.

Well, today was number 2.  This time it was for a huge cut on the finger!
7 stitches and 2 hours later we were able to go back home.

Monkey better stop this pattern.  I do not want to go to urgent care for a long time!

Monkey was trying to cut a hole in a cardboard box.  I'm not really sure what he did, but somehow he grabbed or his finger slipped and slid down the sharp edge of the scissor.  He did it, stood up and said,"Um, mom I cut myself."  And then walked to the bathroom.  TJ goes in to investigate and says I have to come in and take a look because he can't handle blood very well.  I thought it looked pretty bad, but I wanted to get the bleeding stopped and then re-evaluate after a little while.  When we went to look at it again, It was so deep it was pretty obvious the second time looking at it that it was going to need stitches.

If you have a hard time seeing blood, or big scrapes and cuts you may not want to see the following pictures. :)  Just warning you.

TJ couldn't look at it.  Actually when I was putting new ointment and gauze on it Monkey said "Oh, I can't look at it!"  At first he thought it looked like a football.  Bear just said, "Ick!"








1 comment:

Sanford Family said...

Is Anthony going for a record for the most stitches/staples in a short amount of time or what? I feel for you, and will pray for Anthony.

Love
andrea

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...