Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Squash

Someone gave us a couple squash.  I am not a fan but my boys are.  So I made it just for them.
However, I've never made it before so I had to call my momma to see how to make it.


Turns out it's pretty easy.

First cut it in half and the cut out the seed section.  Then I cut into it a little bit so the butter flavor would go through more of it.  So after cutting a couple grooves down it, I put some butter and brown sugar in the hole, and spread some butter over the flat surface along with a little more brown sugar sprinkled on there.



Then cook it at 350 for 1 or more, checking to see if it's tender throughout.  I had to keep it in there for a little over 1 1/2 hours to get the whole thing softened.  Then I scooped it out and put it in a bowl.

TJ loved it.  I have 2 more now, so I'm going to have to make it again real soon.

1 comment:

Gampa and Gamma said...

Yum!! We love squash here, especially butternut squash.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...