Saturday, July 24, 2010

Creamy Crockpot Chicken

Tonight's recipe comes all the way from Tennessee. :)

When we were on vacation to Tennessee in June, TJ's Aunt made this for us.  So I thought I'd try it out myself.

Creamy Crockpot Chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 pkg cream cheese
4-6 chicken breasts

I cut off any extra fat off the chicken breasts, then put them in the bottom of the crockpot still frozen, but cut up into small pieces.  Maybe about 3 chunks per chicken breast.  Then mix the creams together and top the chicken.  Cook in the crockpot on low for 4 hours.
I did it on high for 1 1/2 hours and then on low for another 2 hours.  The chicken was nice and pull apart style.  Yummm...  We served this over some rice.  The creams end up a little soupy so you pour some extra over your rice almost like gravy.  TJ just said next time we should have it with homemade mashed potatoes.  That sounds good too.

1 comment:

Gampa and Gamma said...

This does sound good Stephanie. I think we will try this too some time. I would like it over rice or mashed tators either way.
Thanks for posting this.
Love you!!
Dad Wright

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...