Thursday, July 22, 2010

Homemade Pancakes

Today has been a change of plans kind of day.

First I was supposed to be at the Crazy Days downtown this morning.  But since it was raining this am, we decided to not do it.  So then I ended up being home when I was planning on being gone all morning.  That kind of put me in the mood of not really knowing what to do with myself!

Then we were going to meet some friends after crazy days, but since we didn't go down there they came over instead.  That was totally fun, and bonus it gave me motivation to go through some stuff and clean up even more.

And lastly tonight I had planned to make BLT's for supper, but after I started frying up the bacon I realized somehow our bread has depleated itself.

Ok, maybe we ate too many sandwiches this week! :)

So now I have half the package of bacon already fried....no bread....what to do?!

I guess we are having breakfast for supper tonight.  Pancakes and Eggs and bacon.


Homemade Pancakes


Homemade pancakes
1 1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
(cinnamon) if desired

When TJ makes these he puts cinnamon in the pancakes.  I had never heard of this before, but I guess it makes sense since you put cinnamon in your french toast and it's pretty much the same idea.  But anywho....I did not do it tonight. :)

Mix the dry ingredients together.  Mix the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients.  Pour onto a skillet and cook evenly on both sides.
Then since I was running out of time, and didn't have enough time to make a double batch of pancakes, I threw a few eggs in a pan and just made basic hard eggs.  Eggs are not really my favorite, but if I'm going to eat them, this is the best way I want to eat them.  And making sure there is no gooeyness to it.


This has a few more ingredients than french toast for just remembering, but even if you use a box/packet whatever to make your pancakes this is still a good thing to put in your cookbook so you don't forget about adding this to your menu every once in a while.

Well, we scarfed our food down and ran out the door to a foster care meeting.  All is well.  The day of change is over, and now the weekend can start.

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...