Friday, June 25, 2010

Lightning

Tonight we had some cool lightning.

I decided to stand outside and take a picture every 1-2 seconds for however long it took until I got a picture of the lightning. It's a hard thing to do. You can't know when the lightning is going to appear, and when it does you have only a second to take a picture before it's gone. So you just have to be one the ball and constantly snapping pictures. So, I was out there probably 15 minutes, constantly clicking, and ended up with 500 pictures on my camera card.....only about 4 of them with lightning in the picture!

It was addicting....once I got the first one I was like....I just have to keep going to see how many more I can get. I would have stayed out there longer but the sky was getting too dark for the pictures to turn out very well.

But there also was an awesome rainbow that I took a bunch of pictures of. Check it out!


This was the best lightning shot.


Another decent shot of the lightning.


A cool shot of the rainbow by my house.


Just a neat shot of the sky during the storm.


It took quite a few shots to get one of lightning and the rainbow at the same time!




A couple more cool shots of the clouds and sky.

Just by looking at the sky, I am constantly in awe of our Awesome God!

Psalm 19:1-2
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.

Psalm 97:6 The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all the peoples see his glory.

I hope you are in awe of our God through the work of his hands today.

3 comments:

Gampa and Gamma said...

Cool pics! Nice job!!

photozmom said...

AMAZING pictures !!! I have tried to get lightning pics before and it is really a challenge !!! Way to go !!!

Unknown said...

We had a scene like that last picture of a bright cloud in the midst of dark ones. It just made me think about when Jesus comes back, how much more beautiful that will be! I love the lightning pictures too! Those are great! Thanks for sharing!!

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...