Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lasagna Skillet



I have my hamburger already precooked, but this recipe only took 20 minutes to make, so this is still a quick fix even if you have to cook your hamburger at the same time as making the rest of it.

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup chopped green pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 large can spaghetti sauce
1-2/3 cups water
1/4 cup Italian dressing
12 oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken into quarters
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese

Brown meat and drain grease. Add peppers, garlic, spaghetti sauce, water and dressing and bring to a boil. Stir in broken noodles and cover.
Cook on medium to low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese and cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.



Of course I used a little more than 1 cup of cheese. ;)

TJ gives this recipe a 6 out of 10....but I give it an 8 out of 10. I really liked it. I think sometimes I enjoy things that still taste good but are really quick and easy to make.

1 comment:

Sanford Family said...

I will preface my comment by the fact that all of us do not like Lasagna fixed the traditional way with ricotta and loads of cheese and meat. I like Stouffers frozen lasagna, but I have a son and husband who hate that too. I thought this was a nice way to get the flavor of lasagna, in an easy way, and leave out the cheese part we don't care for. I was really the only one who liked it, so it probably will only be made occassionally.

Andrea

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...