Friday, October 7, 2011

Children's Theater

A field trip review and what the Bible has to say.

Sometimes when you are in charge of something you are held responsible at all different levels.  So I feel the need to respond to the field trip we took today.  I didn't do much investigation on this one.  I thought that the children's theater would portray events and stories in a little more whimsical way no matter the subject.  But I was proven wrong today. 

We went to see a production at the Children's Theater called "A Wrinkle in Time".  If you want the short story, I will not recommend this production to you.  And I feel the need to apologize, whether you took part, or know nothing about the event. :)  However, keep reading to see how we can analyze this with scripture to see what we can learn from it!

Please read all the way to the end!

Now don't get me wrong.  They did a good job with set, and props, and the actors and actresses knew what they were doing and did not fail at their job.  I will definitely give them credit for all their hard work, and long hours!

Some of the aspects of this type of play/movie, honestly are just not my cup of tea. :)
There always seems to be a part in a movie where it seems a little darker, or more intense, or something, but then it turns happy, and you go back to the fun loving place.  This story was all set in the dark, intense, deep setting the whole time.  There was no relief from that dark feeling.  I'm not a fan of that.  This was so deep and intense, I think the true HIDDEN meaning, which could be positively emphasized more, really should have been labeled for much more older children than 2nd grade, which they had listed as the understanding age.

Like anything, we need to see what the Bible has to say about that.  So with that in mind, if you gave this story a Biblical twist to the deep hidden meaning portrayed here,  it is that the (A)darkness(evil) or "IT" as they called it, is so (B)strong and can pull you/persuade you/(C)entice you in to things or places you don't want to be....i.e. Sin, or even Hell.  But if you have the true (D)light,...i.e. JESUS, than you are able to actually (E)stand against that evil that is fighting so hard to get you to give in to it.

(A)
John 3:19
This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

(B)
Matthew 7:13-14
 13 “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell[f] is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. 14 But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.

(C)
Proverbs 1:10
10 My child, if sinners entice you, turn your back on them!
(click here to read the whole chapter of Proverbs 1.)
(D)
John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 14:6
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

(E)
I John 4:4
4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 



I hope you are truly living in the Light, that is JESUS, so you can see through the darkness all around you, and stand strong through it all!


 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...