Monday, October 25, 2010

Taco Soup #2

I made a previous taco soup....and got a new recipe for it from my Aunt JoAnn which is totally different than the first one I tried.  So here it is.

First of all, it calls for taco seasoning and I thought I had some but don't.  So I found a recipe online for how to make your own taco seasoning.   Click the link to see the taco seasoning recipe.




1 lb hamburger
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can mushrooms (which I did not use)
1 jar salsa
1 pkg taco seasoning

Don't drain the cans, cook the hamburger and mix together.  I cooked it in the crockpot for 2 hours on high.  I thought this was yummy.  It might taste a little different for me next time if I use a regular package of taco seasoning.  Since I made this new recipe for homemade taco seasoning and it had cayenne pepper in it, it had a little kick to it.  More than probably if it was regular taco seasoning.  I still liked it.
We put some sour cream in our bowls too.  Of course, cuz my husband is a sour cream fanatic. 

TJ gave this a 7 out of 10.  Maybe even 7 1/2 he said.

Simple as that!  It would have been good if we had tortilla chips to dip in there too, but we didn't.  Maybe next time.

ENJOY!

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...