Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup


Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

2 chicken breasts- cooked and diced
1 cup frozen green beans
1 cup carrots
1 cup frozen broccoli
1/2 pkg of frozen egg noodles
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp cumin
pepper


Cook the chicken and dice add a little garlic pepper and lawry's while cooking the chicken.  Cook the noodles in water first to thaw them.  (I put them in the microwave in water for 10 minutes and then let it sit in there until I'm read to add them to the broth)
Put the broth and veggies in a pot and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer covered. Add chicken, noodles and seasonings and let simmer until all heated through.

When I was little, my mom would make homemade noodles.  I have not tried this yet myself, but these specific noodles that I get from the frozen section are just like the noodles my mom would make so I go that route for now.  I remember her making the dough, rolling it really thin, and then hanging it on the towel rack in the kitchen to let the dough dry.  Then she'd cut it into strips.  Good memories. :)

TJ gives this a 6 out of 10.  It's nice and chunky like he likes it but for some reason it's not his favorite.  I love it though.  And those reasons might have something to do with the nostalgia or something like that, I'm not sure.

Hope you enjoy it too. :)

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...