Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sausage Noodle Soup

I had a pound of pork sausage in the fridge that I needed to use up.  But this is soup week!  So I had to find a sausage soup.  However I didn't find anything that I had all the ingredients for and I didn't want to go to the store.  So I improvised, and made it up.  I was pretty nervous about how this would turn out because I'm not that sort of person.  I usually change something in the recipe but I don't just make it up.

Well TJ gave this a 6 out of 10.  I was glad for that.  I thought it wasn't too bad for throwing something together.  Give it a try if you wish.  Maybe change a couple things if you are more inclined than I and let me know how yours turns out!

Sausage Noodle Soup


1 lb pork sausage, cooked
4 cups water
4 cubes beef bouillon
1 cup carrots
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups egg noodles

Cook sausage and drain.  Bring water to a boil, and add the beef bouillon. Stir until dissolved, add green pepper and carrots and let simmer.  I cooked the noodles partially in the microwave first.  2 cups of noodles in 4 cups of water.  Cook in the microwave for 15 minutes and let sit for 5 more minutes before taking out.  Drain the water and add to the soup pot.   Add the sausage and let everything simmer 10-15 minutes more in the pot before serving.

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...