Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pepperoni and Mozz Burger

If you've lived or spent time in the Ames/Des Moines, IA area chances are you've heard of Hickory Park.

This is TJ's favorite restaurant. He wants to stop there at some point, every time when we take a trip to Iowa to visit family.

They have a few non traditional burger options, one is a chili burger....super duper yummy but messy.  You have to eat your burger with a fork.  And another is the Pepperoni and Mozzarella burger.  That's what inspired me last night.

Here is the burger section from their menu....
Go to their link posted above to find the entire menu if you desire.  Not that you can order if you are not in the area, but hey....they are right off I35... so stop on in next time you are driving on I35 in Iowa. :)  And no they are not paying me for plugging them.  But they should, right?!

We've been having such great weather I thought we really need to take advantage of this and grill hamburgers for supper!  So we did.  And once they were ready, I first started to prepare them with the extra touch like they do at Fuddruckers restaurant.....where they butter the top of the bun and then put it on the pan to crisp it up.  That's always yummy.  But then my mind turned to Hickory park.  So I made  myself a Pepperoni and Mozz Burger.  It was super yummy.  I didn't make it this way for anyone else because I accidentally bought hot and spicy pepperoni, so I have to use it up myself before I can get more.  It was so good and so easy.  I really need to do that again!


So just put some pepperoni and mozz cheese on your already cooked hamburger.....put it in the microwave to melt the cheese and enjoy.  It also tastes great dipped in pizza sauce!

Put a spin on the simple things of life!  If they restaurant can do it.  Why can't I?! ;)

1 comment:

Sanford Family said...

Hickory Park is a favorite of ours too, we've actually been known to drive down just for the day to eat lunch there. I always get the Pepperoni and Mozarella Burger, love it! I have a yummy pizza burger recipe that I fine satisfies the craving for one. But, now you got me thinking about hickory park, we're going to have to take a trip sooner rather than later!

Andrea

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...