Friday, January 29, 2010

The reality is.....

Last night we had movie night with the kids. TJ picked Nemo. As soon as he picked it  Monkey said, Oh not that movie, it makes me cry. Well, apparently he's not the only one!  Bear cried too. Bear.... I mean seriously?!? He's 3 and he's crying over a movie. It was serious too. It wasn't just this little tear coming down the cheek, nothing else to it kind of cry. Well at first it was. I was sitting by him the whole time, and his eyes looked a little watery. He didn't know why at first. He said, why are my eyes watering? But then later, he was very concerned for Nemo. And the real tears came. I couldn't believe it. My 3 year old was like shaking/sobbing kind of crying. Waaaahaaahaahaa..What's (deep breath) going (deep breath) to happen? (deep breathing, waaaaahhaaaaaawaaa. I just held him and rocked him a little and told him everything's going to be ok, remember Nemo finds his dad in the end? I was kind overwhelmed with this. I mean, this is not the first time he's seen the movie. He knows what's going to happen. But then I remembered something else. Two days ago he mentioned that he loves me and wants me to be safe and never wants to be taken away from me. So now I'm sitting here with my broken 3 year old, sad for him. He's so scared for this cartoon fish because he's been taken away from his daddy. Something he's all too familiar with. I mean he was super little when this all took place, but none-the-less, I think his brain is telling him something, or bells are going off or something is going on inside there. And the reality is....it's going to be there for the rest of his life. So if you're reading this today, why don't you say a prayer for our beautiful children, and for us. That God will calm their hearts, and that we will know how to handle these situations in the right comforting way that they need for the rest of their lives....as it will never go away.

You can't run away from it, you can't hide from it, and you can't change it.... It simply is.

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...