Friday, January 15, 2010

bedtime prayertalk

We pray with the boys every night before bed.

A couple weeks ago I was praying with Bear, and I prayed for him that he would one day soon understand why Jesus came to save us, and that he would accept Jesus, and ask him to live in his heart. Then we talked about it for a little while. I said, Bear do you want to go to Heaven someday? He said yes, but how do we get there? I said, Remember how Jesus came to the earth as a little baby, well then he died on the cross to save us from our sins. And if we ask Jesus to forgive us of our sins and live in our heart he will, and we will know for sure that we are going to heaven. He seemed interested at the time, and curious.... but then he said. Does Jesus drive us to Heaven. Oh so close. I thought he was really understanding. So we started over again and he said something about asking Jesus when he gets to church. So I didn't think much of it. The next Sunday, when we pulled into the parking lot of the church, Bear yells, while still in the car. "JESUS, WILL YOU LIVE IN MY HEART!"
I thought it was totally cute and kinda funny. He doesn't really know what he's talking about so we're not counting on that. We'll still pray that he comes to a complete childlike understanding of salvation.

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...