Tuesday, January 19, 2010

babysitting

Yesterday through tomorrow I am babysitting Josie and Kacee. We had a decent day yesterday. Kacee was tired and wanted to go to bed at 7, but I was not having that. I did not want to get up at 5 in the morning. So we hung on and went to bed at 8 instead. I'm assuming she slept fine right away, TJ was here while they kids went to bed and I went to a friends house to watch a movie. I get back at 11pm and head to bed and as soon as I lay down Kacee starts crying. I thought oh great....she thinks it's time to get up. I let her cry for a little bit just incase. But it didn't stop, so I thought I better make sure she's ok. I checked on her, she still had her blanket and pacifier.... I gave her a bottle and she laid back down. She drank it for a little bit and then cried, then drank and then cried. She's sleeping in our room and poor TJ has to get up for work at 4:50 so I said, you can pull the hideabed out and sleep downstairs so she doesn't keep you up. He slept on the couch up here instead. I'm not sure what time she fell back asleep, but eventually she did. I did too. I was so paranoid that she was going to wake up at 4 or something though, and I was paranoid that TJ forgot to bring his alarm clock out to the couch with him, so I didn't sleep very well. Kept waking up listening, or wondering if TJ was going to get to work on time. Well, we made it through the night and we all had a great morning. We did school, and Kacee and Josie joined us. Kacee sat at the table in her chair pretty well the whole time. I was surprised. That helped too, so I didn't have to get up from teaching every 5 minutes to see what she was up to. :) We all had a fun time at school, and they sat long enough that they are playing well together now. Almost time to get ready for lunch. What to have, what to have...
Then I hope everyone takes a good nap because I have work to type. Well, when TJ get's home we're going to do it all again. Hopefully I can sleep better tonight or tomorrow's going to be rough.

1 comment:

Gampa and Gamma said...

You're sounding like a Mother, worrying and wondering.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...