Thursday, November 17, 2011

Around the House Chili


I have an easy chili recipe I've always made....along with a great white chicken chili.  There are even a few more chili style recipes I have tried.


But the regular chili my husband said was too tomatoey( I guess that's not a real word but I'm going to use it anyway)....so I  mixed it up today, dropped the tomato juice and threw in whatever I had laying around the house that might go good in chili.  That would be why it's "Around the house chili"

It was pretty good, and my husband was glad for the tamed down tomatoey(ness).  Don't ya love making up words. :)

Here we go...



1 lb hamburger, cooked and drained
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 a large onion chopped
28 oz can of tomatoes
1 can butter beans
1 can northern beans
1 can chili beans
1 1/2 cups water
seasonings....chili powder, red pepper flakes, cumin, paprika, cayenne
Mix together in a large pan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until heated through.

Dollop with a little sour cream, and sprinkle with cheddar.  Wha-la!  Wonderful. :)





 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...