Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Enjoy Life TODAY!

Have you ever said: I wish I had this....or I wish it was this time of year.... or, if only?  
But what about what I have right now?  
Am I grateful enough for those things?

Obviously I am grateful for all the wonderful blessings God has granted me.  But sometimes there is enough room for satan to sneak in and say, but what about this?!  I thought you wanted this?  I don't see you with it?  Come on, don't you still want it?  Where is it?

I was at the Women of Faith Conference in St. Paul, MN.  Luci Swindoll shared a poem that was very rich with wisdom.  And crazily enough written by a 14 year old boy.


It was spring, but it was summer I wanted,
The warm days, and the great outdoors.

It was summer, but it was fall I wanted,
The colorful leaves, and the cool, dry air.

It was fall, but it was winter I wanted,
The beautiful snow, and the joy of the holiday season.

It was winter, but it was spring I wanted,
The warmth and the blossoming of nature.

I was a child, but it was adulthood I wanted,
The freedom and respect.

I was 20, but it was 30 I wanted,
To be mature, and sophisticated.

I was middle-aged, but it was 20 I wanted,
The youth and the free spirit.

I was retired, but it was middle age I wanted,
The presence of mind without limitations.

My life was over, and I never got what I wanted. 


By- Jason Lehman(14 years old)



So what does the Bible have to say about this?

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

(this poem is not talking about money, but I think the key to this verse is, to be content with what we HAVE, that is present tense, not longing for the things of old, or what may be ahead in our days)

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
(Stick with today....you are not even guaranteed a tomorrow!)

Maybe this is helpful to you today.  I'd love to hear about it in a comment.
In reality, I'm actually writing this as a reminder for myself..... as there are certain things I have a desire for that I have not yet been granted.  *Sigh*


Dear Heavenly Father, grant me the peace to FULLY enjoy what you have given me today.  Remove the longing in my heart for the things there that are not a part of your will for my life. --Amen

 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...