Thursday, November 10, 2011

All About Spelling

I found this great new program for spelling, called All About Spelling.


This is going great.  You will have to check out their link to see all about what they have in the material.  I totally recommend this program!  Monkey(2nd grade) is doing so well, and I started Bear(Kindergarten) on the first book too.  He however is taking much more time going through each section.  As this is all new to him, and he probably wouldn't really need to start it yet, but that's the beauty of homeschooling.  If he's ready, I'm going to start him!

Here's part of the set up with Monkey.

 We like to switch up how we do things.  Sometimes he writes on the white board, and sometimes he writes on the paper.  Which ever he uses, I write on the other one.  Then he checks his work with mine.  So in this example I wrote the words down on the white board for him, and then spoke them to him so he could spell them.  Then when we were done, he came down and checked his own work.  He likes correcting it himself.  However I am sitting right there when he does it to make sure he is correcting it properly.

There are lots of other things that come with the deluxe package, which you can find on their website.  This is a good detailed format.  We all love it!







 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...