Monday, November 7, 2011

Beef Brisket

This is one of TJ's favorite things to order at Famous Daves.  I found a recipe from a friend, and thought I'd give it a try.



It wasn't quite what I'd hoped it would be especially since beef brisket is NOT really cheap! ;)

But I know what I will do next time to make it different, and more to our taste liking.

Original recipe....

Sprinkle meat with Garlic Salt, Pepper, Seasoned Salt, and Onion Salt
Place in the crock pot.
Put in 1/2 bottle of ketchup
3 T Worchestershire Sauce
1 can Coke
Cook on low for 12 hours.
(Now even with this I did not have worchestershire sauce, so I thought the purpose is probably to add a little kick, so instead I used a little bit of vinegar.)



Next time this is what I will do instead.

Sprinkle meat with Garlic Salt, Pepper, Seasoned Salt, and Onion Salt
Rich and Sassy Barbeque Sauce
2 cans of coke

And cook on high for the first 2 hours, then put it on low for the next 6 hours.

Enjoy!

 


 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...