Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kitchen Tips v14

Cooking noodles!

I've had this love hate relationship with cooking noodles.  I love recipes with noodles!  But for some reason cooking the noodles and checking all the time to see if they are done yet or not tends to be annoying.  So I've come up with a fool proof plan.  Atleast it's a good plan anyway....I'm not guaranteeing the foolproof thing!

So first I put enough water in the pan and bring the water to a complete boil before putting the noodles in there.  Then once it's to a rolling boil, add the noodles, stirring once or twice.  Let it boil and set a timer for 12 minutes.  Lastly, when the timers up, remove from the burner, put the lid on and set the timer for another 12 minutes.

This set up has made it more hassle free for me.  No checking....they've been done every time after using this method.  Love it!  And it will help my husband if he tries to cook noodles, because he never gets them done...they are usually still a little crunchy if he is ever in charge of the noodles.

I hope this works for you too!

 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...