Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's fair time

This week is the Steele County Free Fair in Owatonna. Apparently it's the biggest county fair in Minnesota. I wouldn't really know. I never grew up going to county fairs. It was always the Iowa State Fair, which I won't be able to make it to this year. Stephanie went to the county fair on Tuesday, I went yesterday and we're going today. Stephanie signed up to win something in one of the booths and the guy called me today telling me we won a $25 gift card to Fleet Farm. WooHoo! All I had at the fair yesterday was the Nitro ice cream. I had to get Stephanie's favorite, mini doughnuts for her though. This year they've got Spaghetti Sundaes, which is ice cream shaped like spaghetti, chocolate sandwiches, mashed potatoes on stick and the food I'm going to try and find tonight, Deep-Fried Coca-Cola. I want to know how they make it. I don't get it.

TJ

3 comments:

Brian and Lois said...

It sounds to me like TJ isn't a hero. If he was he would have jumped in front of Abdul from Somolia to save his life. Why doesn't Abdul from Somolia have a cevlar suit? If there any women or children there it sounds like Tj would have ran them over to save himself. TJ you need to sacrifice yourself for Abdul from Somolia. And please don't talk about other fairs
that are going on while the Iowa State fair is going on, no other fair even deserves to be mentioned.

RCW said...

So how do they make deep fried coke? Was it like a popsicle?
Just curious.

Stephanie Wright said...

Well, I don't know? I couldn't find it last night. But, we're going again tonight so I'll try again. I did find deep-fried peanut butter sandwiches. I didn't try it though. I had a delicious Greek sandwich from the Greek stand. An authentic Greek stand with actual Greek people that work there.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...