Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Morning, Morning, go away....

Come again another day....wait, WHAT?!? That doesn't work.:)

Why is it that no matter what time I go to bed I don't want to get up in the morning? I rolled out of bed at 5:15am, but not with any actual desire, but out of pure necessity. I went to bed at 10pm... plenty of sleep. So what is the problem! I think I am a fairly motivated person, if I want to do something, I don't stop until it's done. So why can't I get up in the morning?

I always, and I mean ALWAYS have to hit the snooze atleast once, if not 6 times. :) I just can't get out of bed the first time, and sometimes I can think of every reason in the book to sleep in a little longer. If I'm really fast in the shower, or don't do this, or do this and this at the same time, or do that later in the day, or whatever it is, I could just enjoy the soft warm comfort of the bed for 10 more minutes. But 10 minutes turns into 15, and then 20 and every once in a while longer than that, if there's no where to be that is! Then I get up at the last minute and run around like a chicken with my head cut off!

Oh well, long gone are the days of getting up to be somewhere specifically, now I have to get up so I can be ready for the day before my children arise, and lately I've been prying myself from the bed in the morning so I can do my paperwork before the kids get up also...instead of doing it late at night.

I guess I will just have to dwell on the fact that I am making my husband happy by going to bed with him and getting up before he goes to work, instead of staying up late while he's in bed by 9:30pm. :) I wonder how long before that kicks into my brain to tell it it's a good thing to get up early. :P

1 comment:

Gampa and Gamma said...

I don't think I've ever hit the snooze on my alarm, I'm not sure where it is. Heehee!! I will shut the alarm off and lay there for 2, 3 or 4 minutes and then get up. I think it's because I'm a routine person in the morning so I don't even think about it. I just get up and start the routine. It is a little easier to get up in the morning when we go to bed earlier and I don't feel as tired throughout the day.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...