Wednesday, May 11, 2011


I haven't had much time on the computer lately....and randomly I was thinking about something that happened to me a long time ago and thought I could atleast find a quick moment to post it on the blog.

So today's helpful hint....

Don't burn a free standing candle where a ceiling fan is on!  :)

I learned this the hard way.  I had a free standing not in a jar or anything.  It was a partylite tall candle on a glass base.  I had it burning and in the living room where the ceiling fan was also on.

Later I noticed there was wax dripping all down the side of the candle, but not just a little bit.  A huge amount of wax, and it was dripping down the wooden end table, and some splattered on the wall and even got on the carpet.  So....don't learn the hard way. :)  If the candle is not in a jar of somekind make sure you don't leave it burning while in the same room as a running ceiling fan.  Candle wax is not fun to try and get out of carpet.

This happened to me about 8 years ago....not sure why that just popped in my head today! ;)


No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...