Friday, April 11, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies (GFDF)

I bought some all purpose (gluten free) flour blend.  It's from betty crocker.  I decided to see how it would hold up with my 'regular' cookie recipe.  And by regular I mean the cookie recipe I used to always make before we were eating gluten and dairy free in the house.

I learned from my sister before experimenting with this that when you use any all purpose gluten free flour mixture you need to add a little xanthum gum to help hold it together.  The package of xanthum gum tells you how much to use depending on how much flour you're using and what kind of baked good you are making.

The cookies turned out great!  Here's what I did.



1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup crisco (or other butter substitute)
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups (betty crocker) all purpose gluten free flour mixture
1/2 tsp xanthum gum
1 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips

Mix together the brown sugar, crisco, egg and vanilla until well blended.  In another bowl combine the flour mixture, xanthum gum and baking soda.  Mix these two together until combined.  Add chocolate chips last.  Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.

I noticed these needed to cook just a little longer than the original recipe  So check them anytime in the 12-15 minute range to make sure they are how you like your cookies.

Enjoy!

Click here to see all my other gluten and dairy free recipes.

 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...