Friday, April 18, 2014

Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry

I never knew how good cashews were until the other day.  I decided to make this and actually put the cashews in it.  So I was cooking the chicken and popped a cashew in my mouth.  Then I discovered that I really liked them, and almost ate too many that we couldn't use them in the recipe.  Never fear, there were plenty left, and they made it into the recipe just fine.



Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry

2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp corn starch
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 lb chicken breasts cut into strips
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 bag frozen broccoli
1 small bag frozen pea pods
1 1/2 cups cashews


Cook chicken in 2 Tbsp of the chicken broth.  Use the remainder of the broth and add the soy sauce, ginger and corn starch.  Set aside.  When chicken is done set aside in a bowl.  In the same skillet, drop your coconut oil, and saute the minced garlic, carrots, celery, broccoli and pea pods.  When they are tender, stir back in the chicken and add the sauce mixture.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.  Serve over hot rice.


This recipe was found in a hometown cookbook.


Click here to see all my other gluten and dairy free recipes.


 


No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...