Saturday, April 6, 2013

'Monster' Cookies (GFDF)

'Monster' Cookies
(Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies)


This is my grandma's monster cookie recipe.  It's pretty big, but I'll give you 1/4 of the recipe so it's more manageable to work with.  Plus I took out the butter and m&m's in my portion so it would be dairy free as well.  So feel free to add those back in if you can have it.  See the original recipe post here.

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
3 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips (dairy free)

Beat together the sugars, shortening and peanut butter.  Mix in the eggs and baking soda.  Stir in the oatmeal and mix well.  Then stir in your chocolate chips. Scoop onto your pan and flatten with your hand.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.   Watch closely, I think they taste the best when they are softer.  Maybe you like a crunchier cookie?!?  Well that's up to you I guess.

Click here to see all my gluten free dairy free recipes so far.

This recipe's from my grandma.

 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...