Monday, April 1, 2013

Cinnamon Raisin Cookies (Almond Flour)


Cinnamon Raisin Cookies with Almond Flour

I did not follow the instructions on this recipe.  I don't know about you, but just because I'm eating gluten and dairy free doesn't mean I don't want to have sugar in my cookies.  And most of the 'new' cookie recipes I've been finding have been using honey, or something else instead of sugar.  Well I'm not doing it anymore.  This original recipe called for honey, but I didn't do it....no ma'am.  I used real sugar instead....but the first test cookie didn't hold together so I also added an egg white.  That did the trick.  For this batch anyway.  So here's the scoop.


1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 cup almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup raisins

Mix together the shortening, sugar and egg white.
Add the flours, cinnamon and soda and combine well.  Fold in the raisins.
Scoop onto a pan and flatten slightly.  Bake for 13-15 minutes at 325 degrees.  Let them cool on the baking sheet before removing.
This makes a small batch.

Click here to see all my gluten free dairy free recipes so far.

Recipe Source: Gluten Free Fix


 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...